Installing Custom Recovery is the initial step to get the best out of your alcatel 3L. By using Custom Recovery on alcatel 3L, you can install Custom ROM, Xposed Framework, advance device backup and many other flashable file. In this tutorial, we are going to show you How to Install Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) on alcatel 3L.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on alcatel 3L
Note and Disclaimer
Please note that the current TWRP Custom Recovery on alcatel 3L is a stable released and has been tested properly. If you encounter problem during installation of TWRP on your alcatel 3L, don’t panic and repeat the step properly.
* Make sure your alcatel 3L has Unlocked Bootloader. By default, alcatel 3L comes with Unlocked Bootloader, but if you’re device Bootloader is locked, follow our tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader on your alcatel 3L
* Go to Settings, About device, Software info and tap Build number 7 times to enable Developer options. Now enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in Developer options.
* Make sure your alcatel 3L is on charger or have at least 70% battery life.
Step by step tutorial How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on alcatel 3L:
1. Download the latest version of TWRP custom recovery for alcatel 3L from here (Link Updated June 9th, 2019)
2. Connect your device on your computer and run “Command Prompt’ on Windows or “Terminal’ on Mac and Linux to activate fastboot. Read Also: How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your alcatel 3L
3) Now reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below
“adb reboot bootloader’ then press Enter
“fastboot devices’ the press Enter
4. Type this command on your Command Prompt or Terminal
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’
Replace path_to_twrp with TWRP.img file location you just Downloaded for alcatel 3L in Step 1. For example:
“fastboot flash recovery c:\usersadministrator\download\TWRP.img’
5. Wait for the process to be done (around 5-10 minutes). Once the process is completed, turn off your alcatel 3L, and reboot by pressing the Power Button and Volume Up key.
6. You will be booted into TWRP Custom Recovery. If you want to root your alcatel 3L, follow the tutorial on How to Root alcatel 3L
7. If you want to install Custom ROM, follow our tutorial on How to Install Custom ROM on alcatel 3L
That’s it. If you have any question regarding How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on alcatel 3L, let us know in the comment section below.