Installing Custom Recovery is the initial step to get the best out of your BLU R1 Plus. By using Custom Recovery on BLU R1 Plus, you can install Custom ROM, Xposed Framework, advance device backup and many other flashable file. In this tutorial, we are going to show you How to Install Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) on BLU R1 Plus.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on BLU R1 Plus
Note and Disclaimer
Please note that the current TWRP Custom Recovery on BLU R1 Plus is a stable released and has been tested properly. If you encounter problem during installation of TWRP on your BLU R1 Plus, don’t panic and repeat the step properly.
* Make sure your BLU R1 Plus has Unlocked Bootloader. By default, BLU R1 Plus comes with Unlocked Bootloader, but if you’re device Bootloader is locked, follow our tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader on your BLU R1 Plus
* Go to Settings, About device, Software info and tap Build number 7 times to enable Developer options. Now enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in Developer options.
* Make sure your BLU R1 Plus is on charger or have at least 70% battery life.
Step by step tutorial How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on BLU R1 Plus:
1. Download the latest version of TWRP custom recovery for BLU R1 Plus from here (Link Updated June 11th, 2019)
2. Connect your device on your computer and run “Command Prompt’ on Windows or “Terminal’ on Mac and Linux to activate fastboot. Read Also: How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your BLU R1 Plus
3) Now reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below
“adb reboot bootloader’ then press Enter
“fastboot devices’ the press Enter
4. Type this command on your Command Prompt or Terminal
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’
Replace path_to_twrp with TWRP.img file location you just Downloaded for BLU R1 Plus in Step 1. For example:
“fastboot flash recovery c:\usersadministrator\download\TWRP.img’
5. Wait for the process to be done (around 5-10 minutes). Once the process is completed, turn off your BLU R1 Plus, and reboot by pressing the Power Button and Volume Up key.
6. You will be booted into TWRP Custom Recovery. If you want to root your BLU R1 Plus, follow the tutorial on How to Root BLU R1 Plus
7. If you want to install Custom ROM, follow our tutorial on How to Install Custom ROM on BLU R1 Plus
That’s it. If you have any question regarding How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on BLU R1 Plus, let us know in the comment section below.