Installing Custom Recovery is the initial step to get the best out of your vivo X21. By using Custom Recovery on vivo X21, you can install Custom ROM, Xposed Framework, advance device backup and many other flashable file. In this tutorial, we are going to show you How to Install Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) on vivo X21.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on vivo X21
Note and Disclaimer
Please note that the current TWRP Custom Recovery on vivo X21 is a stable released and has been tested properly. If you encounter problem during installation of TWRP on your vivo X21, don’t panic and repeat the step properly.
* Make sure your vivo X21 has Unlocked Bootloader. By default, vivo X21 comes with Unlocked Bootloader, but if you’re device Bootloader is locked, follow our tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader on your vivo X21
* Go to Settings, About device, Software info and tap Build number 7 times to enable Developer options. Now enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in Developer options.
* Make sure your vivo X21 is on charger or have at least 70% battery life.
Step by step tutorial How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on vivo X21:
1. Download the latest version of TWRP custom recovery for vivo X21 from here (Link Updated June 14th, 2019)
2. Connect your device on your computer and run “Command Prompt’ on Windows or “Terminal’ on Mac and Linux to activate fastboot. Read Also: How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your vivo X21
3) Now reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below
“adb reboot bootloader’ then press Enter
“fastboot devices’ the press Enter
4. Type this command on your Command Prompt or Terminal
“fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’
Replace path_to_twrp with TWRP.img file location you just Downloaded for vivo X21 in Step 1. For example:
“fastboot flash recovery c:\usersadministrator\download\TWRP.img’
5. Wait for the process to be done (around 5-10 minutes). Once the process is completed, turn off your vivo X21, and reboot by pressing the Power Button and Volume Up key.
6. You will be booted into TWRP Custom Recovery. If you want to root your vivo X21, follow the tutorial on How to Root vivo X21
7. If you want to install Custom ROM, follow our tutorial on How to Install Custom ROM on vivo X21
That’s it. If you have any question regarding How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on vivo X21, let us know in the comment section below.