Updating your BQ Aquaris U2 to the latest Android version is very recommended. Not only you are getting new features, but you are also making your BQ Aquaris U2 secure by updating to the latest security patch. In this tutorial, we are going to show Step by Step Tutorial How to Upgrade BQ Aquaris U2 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 .
How to Upgrade BQ Aquaris U2 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1
Note and Disclaimer
There are 2 methods on How to Upgrade BQ Aquaris U2 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 , the manual and the automatic method. The automatic method is using official OTA (over the air) from your BQ Aquaris U2. Make sure to follow the step accordingly.
– Make sure to backup your BQ Aquaris U2 before performing the backup
– Make sure your BQ Aquaris U2 is on Charge or have at least 60% battery power left
Step by step tutorial How to Upgrade BQ Aquaris U2 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 Automatically via OTA (Over the Air):
1. Go to Setting on your BQ Aquaris U2
2. Click on About Menu
3. Go to Software Update Menu
4. Click on Check for Update
5. If the update is available, click Update Now and wait for the update to download and install (around 30 minutes)
6. If there is no update available, update your BQ Aquaris U2 manually by following the tutorial below
Step by step tutorial How to Upgrade BQ Aquaris U2 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 Manually:
1. Download the latest Android firmware file for your BQ Aquaris U2
Download Android Oreo 8.0 Image File for BQ Aquaris U2 (Link Updated June 9th, 2019)
2. Make sure you have Custom Recovery (TWRP) installed on your BQ Aquaris U2.
If not, follow tutorial on How to Install Custom Recovery on BQ Aquaris U2
3. Turn of your BQ Aquaris U2
4. Press the Volume Up and Power key simultaneously to enter TWRP Custom Recovery
5. Go to Wipe, Advance Wipe, Check All the Boxes and press Wipe
6. Now transfer the file you just Downloaded for your BQ Aquaris U2 from step 1 using Fastboot or ADB. Read Also: How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your BQ Aquaris U2
7. Go to Install tab on your BQ Aquaris U2, and browse for Firmware file, and press Install
8. Wait for process to Install (around 15 minutes)
Thats it the tutorial on How to Upgrade BQ Aquaris U2 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 . Your BQ Aquaris U2 is now on the latest Android version. If you have any question regarding How to Upgrade BQ Aquaris U2 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 , let us know in the discussion feed below.