Updating your Micromax Vdeo 5 to the latest Android version is very recommended. Not only you are getting new features, but you are also making your Micromax Vdeo 5 secure by updating to the latest security patch. In this tutorial, we are going to show Step by Step Tutorial How to Upgrade Micromax Vdeo 5 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 .
How to Upgrade Micromax Vdeo 5 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1
Note and Disclaimer
There are 2 methods on How to Upgrade Micromax Vdeo 5 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 , the manual and the automatic method. The automatic method is using official OTA (over the air) from your Micromax Vdeo 5. Make sure to follow the step accordingly.
– Make sure to backup your Micromax Vdeo 5 before performing the backup
– Make sure your Micromax Vdeo 5 is on Charge or have at least 60% battery power left
Step by step tutorial How to Upgrade Micromax Vdeo 5 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 Automatically via OTA (Over the Air):
1. Go to Setting on your Micromax Vdeo 5
2. Click on About Menu
3. Go to Software Update Menu
4. Click on Check for Update
5. If the update is available, click Update Now and wait for the update to download and install (around 30 minutes)
6. If there is no update available, update your Micromax Vdeo 5 manually by following the tutorial below
Step by step tutorial How to Upgrade Micromax Vdeo 5 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 Manually:
1. Download the latest Android firmware file for your Micromax Vdeo 5
Download Android Oreo 8.0 Image File for Micromax Vdeo 5 (Link Updated June 7th, 2019)
2. Make sure you have Custom Recovery (TWRP) installed on your Micromax Vdeo 5.
If not, follow tutorial on How to Install Custom Recovery on Micromax Vdeo 5
3. Turn of your Micromax Vdeo 5
4. Press the Volume Up and Power key simultaneously to enter TWRP Custom Recovery
5. Go to Wipe, Advance Wipe, Check All the Boxes and press Wipe
6. Now transfer the file you just Downloaded for your Micromax Vdeo 5 from step 1 using Fastboot or ADB. Read Also: How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your Micromax Vdeo 5
7. Go to Install tab on your Micromax Vdeo 5, and browse for Firmware file, and press Install
8. Wait for process to Install (around 15 minutes)
Thats it the tutorial on How to Upgrade Micromax Vdeo 5 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 . Your Micromax Vdeo 5 is now on the latest Android version. If you have any question regarding How to Upgrade Micromax Vdeo 5 to Android Pie 9.0 9.1 , let us know in the discussion feed below.