Updating your vivo Y71 to the latest Android version is very recommended. Not only you are getting new features, but you are also making your vivo Y71 secure by updating to the latest security patch. In this tutorial, we are going to show Step by Step Tutorial How to Upgrade vivo Y71 to Android Oreo 8.0.
How to Upgrade vivo Y71 to Android Oreo 8.0
Note and Disclaimer
There are 2 methods on How to Upgrade vivo Y71 to Android Oreo 8.0, the manual and the automatic method. The automatic method is using official OTA (over the air) from your vivo Y71. Make sure to follow the step accordingly.
– Make sure to backup your vivo Y71 before performing the backup
– Make sure your vivo Y71 is on Charge or have at least 60% battery power left
Step by step tutorial How to Upgrade vivo Y71 to Android Oreo 8.0 Automatically via OTA (Over the Air):
1. Go to Setting on your vivo Y71
2. Click on About Menu
3. Go to Software Update Menu
4. Click on Check for Update
5. If the update is available, click Update Now and wait for the update to download and install (around 30 minutes)
6. If there is no update available, update your vivo Y71 manually by following the tutorial below
Step by step tutorial How to Upgrade vivo Y71 to Android Oreo 8.0 Manually:
1. Download the latest Android firmware file for your vivo Y71
Download Android Oreo 8.0 Image File for vivo Y71 (Link Updated June 14th, 2019)
2. Make sure you have Custom Recovery (TWRP) installed on your vivo Y71.
If not, follow tutorial on How to Install Custom Recovery on vivo Y71
3. Turn of your vivo Y71
4. Press the Volume Up and Power key simultaneously to enter TWRP Custom Recovery
5. Go to Wipe, Advance Wipe, Check All the Boxes and press Wipe
6. Now transfer the file you just Downloaded for your vivo Y71 from step 1 using Fastboot or ADB. Read Also: How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your vivo Y71
7. Go to Install tab on your vivo Y71, and browse for Firmware file, and press Install
8. Wait for process to Install (around 15 minutes)
Thats it the tutorial on How to Upgrade vivo Y71 to Android Oreo 8.0. Your vivo Y71 is now on the latest Android version. If you have any question regarding How to Upgrade vivo Y71 to Android Oreo 8.0, let us know in the discussion feed below.